Sunday, April 27, 2008

Long Weekend




It has been so good to enjoy three days away from work but unfortunately a good portion of it has been spent doing reports because it's that time of the year!

I did manage to take Dougal for a walk at the beach and we did manage to finish restoring my shabby old desk. I love it - especially the knobs - but I'm the only one! Someone else in this house is not so sure, but he is happy because I'm so happy!

I haven't really done any cooking this weekend because I have had to stay away from distractions, but my cousin in Vancouver is insisting I make her amazing brussel sprouts recipe. She guarantees even the most diehard brussel sprouts haters (of which I am one) will love it!!! I'm not so sure! Anyway, I may give it a go or I could get some of you to try it and let me know how it goes first!
Here's the recipe:
Josie's Amazing Brussel Sprouts
1 lb of brusssel sprouts
1/4 c of olive oil
4 slices of proscuitto (ask for it to be sliced about the same thickness as bacon) cut into small bite-size pieces
1/2 Cup of toasted/roasted pine nuts (do it yourself here)
padano cheese- shredded (romanno or parmisan would be fine as well)
Trim off the root ends of the b-sprouts and core.
Cut in half and slice thinly. (I cut the ends off... and slice the sprout finely all around and leave the core... it is faster that way).
Heat oil over medium heat and saute proscuitto pieces 2 to 3 minutes or until they start to crisp up.
Add the sprouts and saute for 3 minutes .
Cover, reduce to low heat, cook for another 2 minutes longer or until sprouts are tender crisp.
Put into serving dish.. add pine nuts and sprinkle with a tsp of the shredded cheese.
This is soooo good.!!
If you like garlic.. I have also sauted garlic clove with the prooscuitto to get the oil a bit garlicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment