Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wonderful Wellies!





Well at last I have my very first pair of wellies! I have always wanted a pair of these - especially after living in Ireland but when you live in the middle of drought ravaged Queensland there's not much call for them! Anyway, now I live in Tassie and we've just had the wettest winter in many many years and our new block of land is saturated!!! So today I bought myself a pair of very cool red paisley wellies and I think they will be my second favourite shoes ...after my slippers (yes, I am a comfort girl!)
I plan to become a garden guru turning our bare block into a feast of flora! I don't really know much about gardening but now I have my wellies I think it should be smooth sailing right through to Open Garden Scheme 2020 - that's my goal - to have such a marvellous garden that everyone will want to come and visit it and learn from my expertise .... well you have to have goals so watch this space!
As you can see from the photos, Dougal couldn't take his eyes off them!

No comments:

Post a Comment